Note on archived topics.
10-02-2015 12:37 PM - edited 10-03-2015 06:33 AM
i too got this same problem when i uninstalled ime 11xxx version and reinstalled ime 9xxxx my problem got solved . when i run my laptop for hours also it shuts down with in 20 seconds. now my pc is running like brand new pc fast shut down and fast startup.
10-05-2015 10:58 AM
I too have the same problems.. it begins like this
Few days ago i updated a driver of Intel MEI from HP assistant software, after which few days later i noticed my laptop was not getting shut down properly, power switch being remaining on, also i noticed my laptop went to sleep mode, and then unable to wake up, untill i hard reboot it.
i did online chat with technical assistant from HP, but the problem didnt got solved, despite updating few drivers.
on the very second day of this chat and updating driver, i noticed new problem
1.in windows 10, on action center i lost WiFi on/off tile. it is not showing it at all.
2. also my sound device stop working properly, although clicking it for trouble shoot option, it get started but every time i restart my laptop it stop and manually i have to trouble shoot it to start it again. also previously on laptop keyboard mute button will show small orange light when it is on, now it does not show light when i press it.
3. internet access button on notification center show identifying.... and no internet connection, but in reality i am already connected to my wifi...
Had a chat with both windows technical assistant and HP assistant. later hp assistant told me to start recovery of system, but when i go for that, windows does not allow me to retain any application i had installed in my laptop, which i dont want to do it as i had few application installed which i wont be able to install it afresh...
waitng for this issue to resolve
kindly help me...
10-06-2015 04:12 AM
We have two HP sytems 8300 elite. HP were totally unhelpful in the process and suggested we talk to Microsoft. This must be a global problem and surely HP have got a fix. 3 months later and still cannot shut down other than crashing the machines. Where can I find a patch?
10-06-2015 02:41 PM
Windows 10 does not switch off the power on shutdown. I have solved this problem (I use a Hewlett Packard EliteBook laptop) not that the computer should be a factor.
Select the ‘Windows’ taskbar symbol extreme left - if just showing minimal items expand the menu to full so that is shows all items alphabetically, select menu item ‘Settings’
Select ‘System’ Display, notifications, apps, power - then select item ‘Power and Sleep’ - then select the last item ‘Related settings’ additional power settings.
Directory index shows an array of options – on the left side choose ‘what the power buttons do’ make sure that you have selected what the power button will do ‘Shut Down’
Next on same directory about a third of the way down there is a shield and the words ‘change settings that are currently unavailable’ select this item and on this page the last items are under the heading ‘Shutdown settings’. This is so far at the bottom that if you don’t scroll down you will not see the 4 listed items. The default seems to have all boxes checked.
The problem one seems to be the ‘turn on fast startup’ (recommended) Uncheck this box. I have also chosen to uncheck ‘Hibernate’ and ‘Lock’ but that is a personal preference. Over to you. Don’t forget to Save changes before leaving the directory.
Shutdown and try it. Hope it works for you.
10-11-2015 03:43 AM - edited 10-11-2015 03:44 AM
Ok i think i have got the half answer to our queries...
No Big_tel your solution is not correct..
Ok the problem definately lies with the driver update for Intel MEI devices...
How i solved it..
go to Manage - Device Manager - System Devices - Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
go to properties and check driver version. it will show you 11
Now select option Roll Back Driver. and restart your pc
it will show you driver version of 9.5 which was your previous version...
check if your pc is shutting down properly now.
Its working for me till now.. will check it more and update it here...
Meanwhile its only half solution for me....
As i had another problem too.. my sound device stop working everytime i log in my computer and i have to manually trouble shoot it everytime 2. Action centre does not show WiFi On/Off tiles 3. Task bar shows me i am not connected with internet but actually i am already connected with wifi...
I am sure this IMEI driver update deleted few files or corrupted it.... somehow i have to reset my windows 10 but at same time it will uninstall all software i have installed including one which i had bought for 12k rupees... :mansad:
10-11-2015 01:39 PM
As I said, the solution I found works for me, and for others with some laptop types. As with all computer software there are often many more ways than just one for overcoming any glitches. Apparently it does not necessarily work for desktops. I have also seen feedback like yours with other solutions which must work for some people but not others.
10-11-2015 01:43 PM
From HP support:
Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10
If your computer does not go into sleep mode properly, the power light remains lit and the fan continues to run, use the following steps to ....
Step 1: Change the Windows Update Services setting
Change the Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.
- In Control Panel, select Administrative Tools, and then open Services.
- Scroll down to Windows Updateand double-click it to bring up its properties.
- Click Stopto stop the service from running.
- Change the Startup Typeto Manual, and click OK.
Step 2: Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver
- Go to the HP Drivers & Downloadswebsite to find the latest approved driver for your computer.
- Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu.
- Download the MEI driver version 9 or 10 from the Driver-Chipset
Version 22.214.171.1240 1.5M will work for most models.
- Install the MEI driver. If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.
You do not need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10. An existing version of the driver must be installed in order to install version 9 or 10.
If an MEI driver, version 9 or 10, is not listed, download and install the appropriate driver from Intel.
Step 3: Run troubleshooter package
- Download the Windows 10 Show or Hide Updatestroubleshooter package.
- Run the troubleshooter package, and hide updates to the MEI driver.
Doing this blocks your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the MEI driver.
Step 4: Reset the Update Services setting
Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).
Step 5: Restart your computer
Restart your computer to complete the process.
10-11-2015 11:19 PM - edited 10-12-2015 07:11 AM
I discovered this Shutdown problem with the HP Elite 8300 Desktops while evaluating Windows 10 for deployment to approx. 120 users currently using these workstations here I work. This Shutdown problem is not in Windows 7 or Windows 8.x.
I tried all sorts of things, including rolling back to an earlier version of the Intel ME driver as mentioned in other posts, however nothing seemed to work. Like you mentioned doing, the only way to get them to power down completely was to hold in the power button resulting in a dirty shutdown....definitely not a good idea to do that frequently.
The one thing that did work (though I consider it a temporary work around until a patch addresses the issue) is to un-check the "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" option in Power Settings.
It's a bit hidden in the menus but if you:
1) Right Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2) From Control Panel, select System and Security.
3) Select Power Options in the System and Security Window.
4) Look for "Choose what the power buttons do" option in the left column.
5) Select the "Change Settings that are currently unavailable" in the top section (other wise you will not be able to modify the options in the "Shut Down Section" at the bottom..
6) At the bottom of the window you will see Sutdown Settings Section
7) Uncheck the Turn on fast startup (recommended) option.
😎 Be sure to click the Save changes button at the bottom.
Now try and Shutdown. Hope this works for you on your Elite 8300's like it has here.