Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Didn't work for me either

HP Recommended

yes the above solution will not work , i too tried .  recently windows  10 in my pc is trying to install update called KB890830 it is making lot of mess it was trying to install but some how not getting installed installation fails every time it is causing my laptop to start slowly (5mins)  . i dont know how to stop that update from installing . its new head ache when i start my pc.  why cant we stop auto updates in windows 10 . WINDOWS 8.1 IS FAR BETTER THAN WINDOWS 10. I DID A BIG MISTAKE UPDATING TO WIN 10.

HP Recommended

friends i need a suggestion from you :

i want to go reinstall windows 8.1 and remove windows 10 .  if i do so will i loose all of my data in all drives . what all the problems i am going to face  if i do so ?

i have some 150 gb of valuble data which i cant backup because i dont have another hard drive.

if i downgrade to windows 8.1 and get rid of this stupid windows 10 will i loose data in other drives ?

how to downgrade to windows 8.1 ? is there any standard procedure to downgrade without loosing data?

HP Recommended

Hi   Gangadhar
As long as you haven't had Windows 10 for longer than 30 days you can roll back using the Windows.old file . To do this from within Windows 10 goto Start .... Settings .... Update and security ... Recovery from left pane and choose to roll back to 8.1 with all files intact as you were before upgrade to 10 . But you should consider backing everything up at all times when making or attempting to make drastic changes to your system .

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Just a big Thank You! for this fix. I followed the instructions to downgrade to IME 9.5 and my laptop works like a laptop again.

HP Recommended

i performed degrading ime 9.0.0. 5xxx but i got an error message at last , when i checked in device manager ime 9.xxxx is installed when i restart my pc will it upgrade to 11.xxx or it remains in 9.xxxx . when i started to install 9.xxx it said that ime 11.xxx already exists overwrite  9.xxxx  i clicked yes button then it overwrite to 9.xxxx i got following error messagesScreenshot (20).png

when i checked device manager 9.xxx is installed  Screenshot (21).png

is my setup successful or failure?

plz give me your valuble advice friends.

HP Recommended
Hi Gangadhar
As long as you haven't had Windows 10 for longer than 30 days you can roll back using the Windows.old file . To do this from within Windows 10 goto Start .... Settings .... Update and security ... Recovery from left pane and choose to roll back to 8.1 with all files intact as you were before upgrade to 10 . But you should consider backing everything up at all times when making or attempting to make drastic changes to your system .

Checkurtech
HP Recommended

will i need to restart after downgrading to 9.xxxx?

HP Recommended

windows 10 deleted my win 8.1 files with in 30 days  so i couldnot roll back to win8.1. i tried this option with in 15 days .

HP Recommended
Hi
Ok well unless you did a system image of Win 8.1 before you upgraded to windows 10 then the only roll back to 8.1 would be to call HP in your local region and order recovery media for your machine . Do you still have the D:\ recovery partition available on your system ? If so using the HOTKEY on your machine you can do a fresh install of Win 8.1 BUT your personal files WILL BE DELETED . So before you do anything backup everything you can to external source :: flash stick , DVD's or external hard drive .

Checkurtech
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.