Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hairprof,
For clarity, which version of Version 19.0.19.1? Windows 10 PS/2 and SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1 or Windows 10 I2C Devices v19.0.19.1? 

HP Recommended

Your solution on my Envy DV7 did not work!

HP Recommended

I tried many of these hints without success and in the end got our IT guy to reinstall 8.1 and all is working fine now.  I am appauled at HP in that they pass it off and say talk to Microsoft, whose far east people have not got a clue.  Too much stress and time.  Microsoft screwed up here and cost me a great deal to sort it on three computers in a small business.  NEVER download a beta version again is the lesson.

HP Recommended

Try to turn off hp coolsense then shut down !

HP Recommended

coolsence has nothing to do with this problem , imei is the real problem.

HP Recommended

Can you state what update? There have been so many fixes for this problem but none last the test of time. Having said that, I have found that your base OS makes a difference. e.g I remembered I had refreshed my windows 8.1 in the notebook which is giving me this shutdown problem with windows 10.  My other PC that does not have this shutdown problem had a full OS Replacement with Recovery CD's. I decided to do a windows 8.1 OS Replacement using a HP Recovery CD set complete with Driver reinstall Disk. I had received this from HP because the notebook in question would not produce a Full Recovery Set. It was this Notebook I had the shutdown problem with and the one I  had done a Refresh on. Since I reinstalled 8.1 OS with Hp's Recovery CD's I have had no trouble with shutdown since reinstalling Windows 10.  However will remain sceptical until some time has passed.

HP Recommended

Hi All

IF YOU HAVE AN AMD PROCESSOR READ THIS...

I have experienced this problem on one of our computers.  Saw the Intel fix, so went to the computer to roll back the driver.  AMD processor equipped.  So this did not fix the problem.  

However, watched this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDWtGC5VbEM and this has fixed the issue so far.

HP Recommended

RockinRobin2000 your method worked for me also by dissabling "Turn-on fast startup (recomended)" option on Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings.

I have HP ENVY 6 1012TX and sometime when I press the Shut down it start to shut down but it does not goes back to lock screen. Dissabling above option now it shut down properly. I do not see any difference in startup time after dissabling anyway.

HP Recommended

*edit*  Dang it, I spoke too soon.  I still got the same "lock up" the very next time I closed the lid.

Yes, after the last Windows Update from a few days ago, the disable fast boot option fixes it again.  No need to go through all the MEI stuff this time.

James
HP Recommended
Re shutdown problem with some PC's . It would almost certainly appear to be due intel management engine interface driver, version 11.0 problem goes away if you install version 9.0 or 10.0. Intel needs to accept some responsibility for this and work with HP on a permanent solution otherwise we will continually installing out-of-date driver.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.