Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP stream 14 ax000na
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi,

I would like to install windows 7 on the notebook, but only windows 10 drivers shown on the HP site, anyone know which drivers I need?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nebbers

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP Stream - 14-ax000na laptop and would like to downgrade the operating system from Win10 to Win7. 

I would like to know the reason why you would like to deviate from Win10. Are you facing any issues with Win10 currently?

I did check the HP website and found that the drivers are listed only for Win10. Moreover, HP does not recommend you to downgrade the operating system as it may affect the overall performance and also the drivers may not be available elsewhere. 

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi,

Its not for me but a friends father-in-law. I personally like Windows 10, but his old laptop is dying and it would be best for us to get him one that has the same OS, programs, etc. that he is used to! As such performance of the laptop itself is not much of an issue, it will be faster than the one he has and he doesn't want anything powerful, just something that he doesnt have to learn.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Nebbers

You're welcome. 🙂

I would suggest to checkout for Win10 tutorials that would help in performing the basic everyday computing (like surfing the internet, typing a document, etc.)

All the best and take care!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.