Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Guys  ,

After i did update to Windows 8.1  my Fingerprint Sensor Driver not working anymore !

my laptop is Envy-Dv6 7300 ex 

I trid to download last update Driver for Envy-Dv6 7300 ex  Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver "sp58900.exe" file but not working !!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=Aemea_middle_east&dlc=en&sw_lan...

HP experits !  what we can do please ?! thats supper urgent !

thank you

Abdelrahman Nabil

software Developer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Happy for you the yellow USB missing driver its the sensor i belive after i uninstall it and reinstall simple pass HP it works like sharm after restarting !

and that was one of the manythings i try out .

but i guess the write way as following :

1- go to device manager .

2- Uninstall the yellow marke USB which unrecognised and uninstall Valideity  WBF DDK from add /remove features.

3- download the Fingerprint Sensor Driver from HP suitable for your labtop.

4-reinstall Simple pass HP without uninstall it so you dont miss the saved credintial you already have from websites and windows login .

5- Restart your lap .

Cheers ! :Wink:

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
HP Recommended

Bump.

Same issue here with the fingerprint sensor on my HP dv6-6b51ea. Tried installing the Windows 8 x64 driver found on the laptop's support page, however it doesn't work. The installation gets so far and then cuts out. How hard is it for HP to have working models of all their laptops, testing and developing new drivers in anticipation of new Windows OS updates?

It's worth mentioning that if anybody else here has got a similar HP model with 'switchable graphics', Windows 8.1 completely messed it up (like I haven't had enough problems trying to troubleshoot Switchable Graphics in the past), so I had to uninstall all AMD products, restart a few times and install the AMD stuff from the laptop's support page again.

Someone help us fingerprint sensorless guys out!

HP Recommended

:smileylol:Guyssssssss !!

After installing Fingerprint Sensor Driver and reinstalling simple pass software from HP  i did restart my labtop ,and i got it works

HP Recommended

Doesn't work for me. The driver installation doesn't finish - just exits mid progress. I will try again, reinstall SimplePass and restart. If I don't reply back here, it didn't work 😛

Managed to get it to work! I had everything uninstalled to start with. I forgot to mention previously that in Device Manager, there were no Biometric Devices, however there was one extra USB port with a yellow icon (which I assumed to be the sensor). I disabled and enabled it a few times, but nothing. Then decided to try installing HP Simplepass 2011 which goes by SP61399.exe. That installed fine. I next tried the driver installation which is SP58834.exe. That, as before, cut out half way through. I tried running it under different compatibility settings, namely Windows 7 and 8. Each time it cut out. I decided to restart anyway and alas, it was working! Sorry about waffling on but I'm not entirely sure which of the above worked - all I know is that one of them did!

HP Recommended

Happy for you the yellow USB missing driver its the sensor i belive after i uninstall it and reinstall simple pass HP it works like sharm after restarting !

and that was one of the manythings i try out .

but i guess the write way as following :

1- go to device manager .

2- Uninstall the yellow marke USB which unrecognised and uninstall Valideity  WBF DDK from add /remove features.

3- download the Fingerprint Sensor Driver from HP suitable for your labtop.

4-reinstall Simple pass HP without uninstall it so you dont miss the saved credintial you already have from websites and windows login .

5- Restart your lap .

Cheers ! :Wink:

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I had to reinstall the Validity Sensor software which was working under Windows 8.1 Preview.  Now I am unable to get it working.  Here are the details with respect to the Validity Sensor Hardware installed on my HP HDX 16: 

USB\VID_138A&PID_001

USB\VID_138A&PID_0001&REV_0372

My question is what precise driver do I need for this hardware and where can I download it?

I am a bit frustrated about the paucity of 'good' information rather than some fly by night software huskters trying to trick me into downloading their junk. 

HP Recommended

Hi jweaver74,

I saw your post and I will be happy to help with the driver issue. What is your product number? I will use this to find the correct drivers. Below is a link on how to find that information.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me.

The Product # is: NK133AV  mODEL X16t

HP Recommended

Hi jweaver74,

There is no software for your particular computer for Windows 8. For the Fingerprint sensor to work it needs the Validity Sensor software and the HP SimplePass. I have included a link to a download for the SimplePass software for Windows 8.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-109764-1

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

During one of the updates, I have had tried this method and worked.

Last week, I updated my PC to windows 8.1 and the fingerprint reader stopped working. The reader does not flash anymore. When I checked the device manager, there is no error displayed. And yet, I did try the steps showed herewithin this solution. But my fingerprint reader is not working.

My Simplepass does ask for my master password and it signs me in to the logins enrolled within Simplepass previously.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.