Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-13-2014 04:08 PM - edited 05-13-2014 04:21 PM
Glad it worked out for you!!!
I know it can be a pain to keep all these hp drivers/software versions sorted out so I'm glad something worked for you .. though we all know it only takes another Windows update to make things wonky again ... I both love and dread Microsoft update Tuesdays lol
09-26-2014 11:19 AM
Agree. This is the 3rd and maybe final HP product for me. At each Windows update something does not work. Spent multiple hours and forum suggestions without any success; finger print scaner inopperable since W.8.1 update. Last update disable volumn control fixed with recent HP update. HP PLEASE PRACTICE SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DO NOT RELY ON YOUR CUSTOMERS TO FIX YOUR ISSUES.
02-10-2015 07:15 AM
imy product id is KS066UT#ABA
windows install Authentic automatically, but after installation the device do not respond.
please give me an officially announced driver of fingureprint sensor for my device.
05-05-2015 07:09 AM
If you're connected to the internet;
1. Launch Device Manager.
2. Select Biometric Devices.
3. Right click on the Validity Sensors & select "Uninstall"
4. Make sure you check the "Delete the driver software for this device" before you uninstall.
5. Click the "Scan for hardware changes" to refresh the Device Manager.
6. Click the "Other Device" and select the "Unknown Device"
7. Click on "Update Driver Software" and opt for the first option (online update)
8. Restart the system after the update.
NOTE: This fix also works for Windows 10 Technical Preview