Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
So again, the link for sp59407

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59407.exe

per notebook review.
(before I saw sp59850 updated 12/7/2012)

I suggest you remove all of the older graphics drivers and then give sp59407 a try. The installation wizard should know which Intel switchable graphics components to install. Please let us know how this goes for you...if you experience any problems, try to post them here if you can.

Like I said its your call, you can try either one if your card is on the list and your hardware ID's show in the subsys inf file.

HP Recommended

@Chaand wrote:

@deuteros wrote:

I've been using the Leshcat drivers. I didn't know about the Windows 7 compatibility mode. Got a link to instructions on how to do that?

!! I wrote them myself ages ago on this discussion, even on a separate discussion so people can see them clearly. Wasn't my idea though, credit goes to someone on this board.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g/Drivers-for-AMD-Radeon-HD-5650-switchabl...

About leshcat's drivers, you are soo lucky to be able to install them! I couldn't delete the original AMD & intel packages from my system, so wasn't able to have a clean install, as everytime I uninstall them then immediately come back 

So I'm following the instructions but when I click on setup.exe nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Never mind. Disabling my antivirus software fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

That sp59850 finally posted to my driver download page, so its been certified to work :) Check your model (if HP) and see what’s listed for you.

this is mine (for Windows 8 only)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112999-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

dv7t-6c00 CTO Quad Core
I7-2670
1920×1080 screen
7690m xt gpu
Intel 3000 apu

HP Recommended

@deuteros wrote:

Never mind. Disabling my antivirus software fixed the problem.

Yea, windows 8 doesn't play well with third party AV.

HP Recommended

@HOODY wrote:

That sp59850 finally posted to my driver download page, so its been certified to work :) Check your model (if HP) and see what’s listed for you.

this is mine (for Windows 8 only)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-112999-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

dv7t-6c00 CTO Quad Core
I7-2670
1920×1080 screen
7690m xt gpu
Intel 3000 apu

Yes, mine did also. Thanks for the heads up.

dv6t-6b00 CTO Quad Core

HP Recommended

@dezurtrat wrote:

Care to elaborate ?

HP Recommended

@Chaand wrote:

@dezurtrat wrote:

Care to elaborate ?

Yea, when I first upgraded to Windows 8, the "metro Tiles" on the start page wouldn't work and IE on the start page didn't work correctly. Turns out after some research (from Microsoft's site), it was my Kaspersky Internet Security. Also, it turned out 3rd party AV was causing problems in general with Win 8 (or Win 8 was the problem). Once I uninstalled it (Windows defender automatically turns on when you have no AV), everything started working.

If you're having other issues with Win 8, try uninstalling your 3rd party AV and see if the issues go away.

HP Recommended

@dezurtrat wrote:

If you're having other issues with Win 8, try uninstalling your 3rd party AV and see if the issues go away.

In fact when I installed Norton 360 the other day, after a reboot my SimplePass didn't work, and I had to repair it, and it works just fine right now ( even though I never removed the norton 360). so I assumed it was the AV that did it. now you have confirmed. thanks:smileywink:

HP Recommended

Hey guys, so I'm completely lost. Can someone link me to instructions on going from windows 7 to windows 8 with switchable graphics. I mean steps from after installing windows 8. I have tried to search, but if you could even point me in the right direction that would be great. I mean, I get that I install the hp AMD drivers, but where do I get the intel drivers that it runs with right now? I want to be able to have both, does the AMD drivers include the intel ones? Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.