Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys! Any idea about the error message.. Need your assistance. Tnx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This Error Indicates an hardware issue with Wireless Card... I would suggest, Try the following

• Perform a power Drain, by disconnecting AC Adapter, Removing Battery and Holding the power button down for a few secs, and check...
  • Update the BIOS and check...
  • Reseat the wireless card and check
If none of the above work than you will have get the wireless card replaced...if you would like further assistance, it would great if you can post the exact model number of the notebook....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

This Error Indicates an hardware issue with Wireless Card... I would suggest, Try the following

• Perform a power Drain, by disconnecting AC Adapter, Removing Battery and Holding the power button down for a few secs, and check...
  • Update the BIOS and check...
  • Reseat the wireless card and check
If none of the above work than you will have get the wireless card replaced...if you would like further assistance, it would great if you can post the exact model number of the notebook....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

hi cyclops, I'm using a Pavilion dv6-2155dx.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Here is the BIOS update for your notebook... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48953.exe

The steps mention in my earlier post is the solution to the problem...

This unit would be going out of warranty soon, I would suggest, try those steps if it does not work get in touch with HP tech support...

HP Recommended

Cyclops,  tried your first instruction but same boot error message exist " Wireless Module not installed properly or not functioning. How should I perform Bios update nad How to reset wireless card? thanks a lot!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Download the driver, double click on it, and follow the instruction as prompted... Only thing being, connect the AC adapter to the notebook before perform the BIOS update...

To Reseat the Wireless Card, the insturction are available in Services and Maintenance guide http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01860375.pdf , Pg 56.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. The remove battery and power drain did the trick. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@ Stew_1954 - You are always welcome! :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi cyclops, i´m using compaq presario cq40-302la, can u tell me th BIOS please?..

HP Recommended

I have  G61-110SA and have this 701 error, tired battery drain, bios update and reseated card, still have the same error...wireless module not found (701) any ideas? it looks like a bios message and not a win7 error

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.