Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the last Windows update, my Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard no longer works, although the wireless mouse and the separate numeric keypad both work fine - they all use the same USB dongle.  I have replaced the batteries and this is not the issue.

I have run the HP troubleshooter and it says that everything is working.

Any tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mark_B3nn3tt, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that after windows update wireless keyboard will not work.

Thanks for trying out few troubleshooting steps.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Control Pane> Devices and Printers
Right, click on you mouse or keyboard, hit properties.
Go to the hardware tab, click on the HID Device, click properties.
Click on Change Settings, go to the Power Management Tab.
The "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power" should be checked.
If you uncheck it and press OK you should get the error mentioned above.

You can disable Hybrid shutdown (or "fast startup", as it is called in Win 10) via Control Panel:
- open "Power Options"
- open "Choose what the power buttons do"
- click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
- uncheck "Turn on fast startup"

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

There are two devices in the hardware tab: "Wireless Device" and "Wireless Keyboard Filter Device".

"Wireless Device" does not have a power management tab.

"Wireless Keyboard Filter Device" has a power management tab.  The check box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked but also greyed out, so I cannot check it.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Mark_B3nn3tt, thanks for the reply.

I understand you still have issues with the wireless keyboard.

Uninstall the wireless keyboard from device manager and restart the PC.

Resync the wireless keyboard.

Refer this article to troubleshoot wireless keyboard issues: http://hp.care/2bwSni3

Happy Weekend! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.