cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MBO20
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Zbook 17 G4 static noise from right speaker

HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with static noise coming out of right speaker of brand new Zbook 17 G4.

There are two kind of noises. First it is truly static noise that sounds something similar to geiger counter. It is persistant and does not vary through time or with anything I do.

The second noise is even worse - a squeaky noise coming out of the right speaker as I move the mouse crusor from Logitceh Mouse (connected via USB). It sounds like little mouse squeaking and it is terrible when I am alone in the room and try to work...

Is anything I can do to prevent this?

I have tried all different USB ports, but with no luck..

BR
MBO

1 REPLY 1
MBO21
Level 2
6 4 1 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update from me again,

I had to open new account with different user ID (dunno why), because HP Forum did not recognize my previus one...

I found out that it (squeaky noise) stops working (or I can't hear it at least, even if I put my ear to the right speaker) when laptop's fan slows down to 0 and when it turns on on 100% rpm. The static noise and squeaky noise when moving logitech mouse persist on normal fan rpm (can check it for you).

I also went to BIOS and disabled internal speakers, but the noise persisted.

It has to be some kind of static interference between power consumption, fan and USB, just I don't know how to prevent it...

Would be grateful for any insights or solutions. This is brand new computer, 1 day old.

BR

MBO

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation