Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can anyone tell me what size torx driver I need to open the bottom access panel?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello wsandifer05,

Welcome to FORUM !!

If  you are referring to the base enclosure then :

1. On the bottom of the notebook, loosen the eleven captive T8 Torx-head screws that secure the base enclosure to the top cover.
  2. Carefully separate the edges of the base enclosure from the top cover.
  3. Lift the rear edge of the base enclosure and remove the retention tabs on the front edge of the base enclosure from the cut outs in the top cover.

Please go to this link http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html and see the Replacement videos.

sml.JPG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, T8 was the info I needed.

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !!

Did my reply resolve your post or question? 

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.