Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I had purchased hp pavilion g6 in 2013,in 2013 I had booted the recovery cd,how to reinstall Windows 7 home basic recover cd in my machine
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sagartam

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

This recover disk, did it come from HP?  Did you create it yourself using the HP Recovery Manager?

IF so, the way to restore Win7 is to boot the PC using this recovery disk, pressing F11 while booting, and selecting the option to do a full factory reset.

Please provide more details if this is not what you want to do.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
when I purchased laptop then I got recovery drive of Windows 7home basic ,I had generated 5 CD from it, after that I installed Windows ultimate,but now I want to install again my original OS which is booted in 5 CD disc,now I forget the step of installation, so help me to install it stepwise,
but I required all data as it is only change the OS without formating of data
thank you
HP Recommended

@sagartam

Sorry but we here would have no idea of the order of the disks.  

You should have numbered them when you created them.

The HP Recovery Media that you purchase has their disks numbered with labels.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Sir in my laptop there are showing empty CD in drive will you send the me link of cd driver
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.