Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Windows Update asked me to update to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 and when the update finished when logging in to my computer a message "accelerometerdll.dll is missing" and I cannot fix it. Also when trying to turn off or hybernate my Laptop when I click the icon to this it says there is no energy options in this moment.

I tried going back to the previous version of Windows and this problem was fixed and then reinstalled again the update and the error appeared again.

Is this an error that happens only between HP LapTops and Windows Update??

Please fix it for me or tell me how should I fix it,

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model elitebook do you have?

HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 840 G3, Product Number V8M10LT#ABM, Serial Number 5CG62652ZN

Thank you very much for your support and I hope you can send me a way to fix it,

Regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Normally, all you need to do to resolve the problem is to install the newest version of the 3D driveguard driver and restart the PC.

Receives notifications from the integrated accelerometer and automatically parks the hard drive to reduce the risk of damage if the PC is accidentally dropped.

6.0.41.1 Rev.A      Oct 11, 2016

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.