Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Notebook HP – 15-af013nc

My HP Pavilion  you turn on just says administrator password or power on password.

Tried removing internal button cell battery over night, bios still not reset to default settings still asking for password.

Need password to get into bios.

System Disabled status code: 76406310

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@wawrys_34

Enter   69564936

HP Recommended

Thank you,

Unfortunately, this code 69564936 is not working!

I myself brightness when seeking solutions to problems encountered on the "generator" that after entering the generated code 76406310 69564936, which I subsequently wrote and after confirmation, as now (for sure I tried to enter the code again) appeared message "invalid password".

Unfortunately, therefore, to eliminate the problem and I tried to play the bios using an external USB drive. BIOS update went wrong and ran after completing the restart. When once again appeared announcement "Enter administrator password or power on password".

I have this issue to six hours was my last chance to deal with it here.

HP Recommended

I got this laptop from a friend who told me that it is perfectly fine and that he just kept RAM and hard disk.

before turning the laptop so I put the equipment into functional hard disk and RAM memory from another notebook.

Following power appeared announcement "Enter administrator password or power on password". So I called my buddy who informed me that no password is not typed.

That's all you need to know this.

I still remembered that I tried to solve the problem, disconnect the CMOS battery but with the same result.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.