cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
neemmayur
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

after factory reset my window via DVD's window 8 asking for activation key

HP Recommended
hp pavilion n-259TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello Sir,

I am setting up my window to the factory reset via a recovery DVD which are give to me by the retailer.

but when i recover my pc the window 8.1 asking for activation key please solved my problem as soon as possible.

Thank you...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Maverick_Nik
Level 5
Level 5
226 223 21 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @neemmayur,

When recovery is performed through the Recovery Media, it will not ask for Product activation as procuct key is digitaly encrypted in to the unit.

However, please go through the below link for more option on Windows Product Activation steps.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03486254

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03489643

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
neemmayur
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks Sir for instant help but i will try it and if it is solved than i report you.. thank You
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation