Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I use the comma key it types a letter 't' rather than a comma. I guess I have inadvertently set up some sort of switch or short code. How do I revert it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @colemanparkes – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with your PC keyboard. I will certainly do my best to help you 🙂

To assist you better with this issue, I need the following details:

1. What is the model number of your HP computer?
  2. What is the operating system version on your PC?

Alternatively, let’s first try the steps mentioned below to fix the issue:

• In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  • Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
  • Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
  • Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
  • Restart the notebook and check.

Alternatively, check http://hp.care/2cdfAp3 for more detailed steps and instructions. Follow the steps under “Wrong characters appear when typing, changing keyboard language, or Dvorak”

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Probook 430 G3 

Windows 7 Professional 

HP Recommended

Have tried advice given re going to keyboard layout options on control panel and it didn't make any difference.

HP Recommended

None of the suggestions resolved the problem/ Any more ideas? My notebook is pretty useless for report writing  if I can't type commas!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.