Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where was the default photo of a mountain road on myHP 15  taken

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi alhan2, welcome to the HP Forums. I do not know what wallpaper you are referring to. It could be a Microsoft included Wallpaper. What is the model or product number? What version of Windows is installed?

Guide to finding your product number
Which Windows operating system am I running?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

F9H61UA#ABA   using windows 8,  it is an HP15 laptop

HP Recommended

I cannot locate a 'mountain road' wall paper. Can you take a screen shot of your desktop and upload it here? I am not sure if I can be of much help, but I will certainly try.  🙂

Take a screen capture (print your screen)

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Sorry don't know how to do that,  in the control  panel under change your desktop background, there were two default pictures,  it is the mountain road going down to the ocean or sea.  It says it is a hewlett packard picture, 

HP Recommended

The first step, of taking a screen shot I have provided instructions in my previous post. Once you get that, when you reply to this post, you will see a bar with a 'picture' to insert a picture. There you can browse to the image you want to insert.

I do not recall the image, so I will have to research to see if someone knows the answer. I will need to see the image to ask the questions to get you an answer.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Here is an image of the wallpaper that Althan2 was asking about.  I was wondering, also, where it was taken.  It looks like it might be Route 1, in California,  possibly around Saint Simeon.    It is certainly a striking image.  A Google Image search does not provide any information,   but it does indicate that the image is also used on the HP Slate-1 product line.   Thank you.

MountainRoad.jpg

HP Recommended

Or ... maybe the Eastern shores of the Adriatic?    How about it, TwoPointOh?

HP Recommended

I also wanted to know where this photo was taken and after much research I finally found it. Unless my geography is really bad, it is a photo of Jinshui Road in Taiwan. 

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for finding the location of the photo! I was also fascinated about where this was, but I agree with you that this is Jinshui Road, although I had to do some work to find the exact location.

The camera position seems to be on a hill above the road about 400m SSW of Sea Cafe B&B or sbout 600m (straight line) from where Jinshui Road joins the coast road about 10km East of Keelung City.

If you use Google Maps, there is an image very similar to the screen wallpaper.

However, a couple of puzzling things, unless the area has changed since the photo was taken, or possibly some photoshopping has been done. There are no streetlights in the image which can clearly be seen in the street view, and also there is a road to the left of the stream which I can't make out in the image.

One thing which really confused my original searches was that I thought the water was a large lake because there appears to be land to the left of the water on the horizon. Particularly noticable in the screenshot above I can see behind the google chrome icon looks like a quite sizable hill. However, from the map, this water is clearly the open sea with China nearly 200km away, but not even in the direction we are looking.

Anyway, that was really interesting to finally find the solution to the mystery and I can now go back to my Hubble Ultra Deep Field background (yes, you knew I was a geek 😉 ). Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.