Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

FYI.  I turned the keyboad off and left it plugged in for a couple days.  Once I turned it back on, and updated my windows 10 bluetooth driver from within the HP assistant, everything seems to be working again.  Not sure if it was one thing or the other that helped, but I will keep an eye on it to see if the problem comes back.

Clay Gillman
HP Recommended
I am so done with HP. I have been a faithful customers for years. I have the HP Envy 15t Split X2. My keyboard has stop charging and therefore is useless. I called HP and they want to charge me $131.00 for a new one. So I am asked to buy a new keyboard which after reading these post are crappy anyway. So what am I suppose to do when that one stops working?
HP Recommended

I ended up buying a separate blue tooth keyboard.  It is another thing that I have to carry around.  The old keyboard is now just a screen cover that is useless.  I love the actual laptop because of the large touch screen, but I am just frustrated with the keyboard not working.

Clay Gillman
HP Recommended

I just thought I'd chime in on this issue.  My wife and I bought an Envy X2 model # 15-c001dx from BestBuy in Jan 2015.   The bluetooth keyboard worked until October at which point it stopped taking a charge - same problem everyone else is complaining about.  Luckily the laptop was still under warranty, so HP shipped out a brand new keyboard.  Fast forward to March, and the replaced keyboard stopped working too!

Luckily, I was able to get reimbursed by my credit card company extended warranty service the $131, but it is absolutely clear that HP is selling a defective product.  Whether the problem is with the computer or with the keyboard is TBD, but if so many people are having the exact same problem then clearly there's a design flaw or manufacturing defect.

I'm considering contacting my Legal Shield service for advice since it seems like HP would be obligated by law to provide a real solution to this problem (either reimburse us for the entire cost of the laptop so we can buy something else or permanantly fix the actual problem instead of just giving/selling more defective keyboards).  It's unfortunate that no one from HP has any desire to assist customers with a real solution to this problem, but it definitely makes me hesitant to ever buy another HP product again.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have just stumbled across this thread trying to find some answers. And it looks like the answers I'm find aren't encouraging! Not good on HP's behalf, seeing as it is a known issue and appears to be quite common. I'm also reluctant to make any future purchases from HP after reading all these comments.

HP Recommended

HP.. Are you there?! Hello?! 

Is it a coincidence that HP hasnt chimed in on this thread in a long time?  Do they not care? Probably not, since they have gotten their sales from us.  

Maybe we will get another 

"Make sure you have the computer plugged in" response.

Thanks HP!

Sincerely,

A happy customer.

HP Recommended

Exact same problem with the HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 15.

My keyboard died after the warranty period, so I have bought another bluetooth keyboard.

This happened considerig that for the past six months I have hardly used the keyboard, preferring a different wireless keyboard and mouse pair that also had the advanatage of not needing to be paired afresh time and time again.

It's probably the design of the wiring that feeds power to the keyboard.

I do wish someone else made plug-compatible keyboard/covers that have an alternative port for charging.

Overall, I would say the execution of the product design failed.
I can't even upgrade the hard disk. Might see if any SSDs can work in the Wi-Fi slot...

I really thought this would be my office on the move

Aaaargh!

Back to looking for another 14-15" convertible.

HP Recommended

Reviewing the message board, it is clear that many users of this machine have experienced the same hadware failure time and time again.

For us, the machine itself is fantastic but the second keyboard that HP provided has stopped working as well.  Trouble now is that HP only provides a 90 day warranty on the second keyboard and is asking $160 to purchase a 3rd  replacement.

Since HP is unwilling to acknowledge the recurrant nature of the issue, there is no assurance that the design issue has been resolved thus expending the $160 offers no gurantee that issue will not continue. On top of that,  HP customer support has proven less than supportive and has failed to complete follow up commitments leaving this customer less than satisifed.

Really enjoy all 4 of our HP computers in the house but very dissappointed in HP's acknowledgement and action to rectify this design issue.

HP Recommended

I am having same problem as everyone else here. My keyboard stopped charging a few months after end of warranty period. I have already spent hours searching out answers online & have had to buy a separate keyboard. There is obviously a product fault HP is ignoring. Someone should start legal action. I have been buying HP computers for a long time but I won't be buying anything from them again after this.

HP Recommended
Hello All

As i wrote before on this thread i had exact the same problem with my HP 13-J002NE and i used to return the whole unit to HP 4 times. First 3 times HP returned the unit with the new keyboard and 3 times the keyboards stopped working after some time. This is despite the fact that i constantly put in in problem description that the root cause is not the keyboard but the keyboard connection port on the tablet.
In 4th time the problem was solved. I dont know what they have done exactly but it is evident that the connectin port on motherboard was fixed and now it charges the keyboard and there is Yellow led on (on keyboard) when it is charging.
HP also gave me warranty extension for another 6 mos.

However I also not happy with HP since i wasted so much time coming back and forth to bring the unit for repair and writing complaining emails. I also couldnt use the laptop for about 3months. Therefore
I am also reluctant to buy any products from HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.