Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

A friend sent me a cd of photos she had taken for me.   I have inserted it into my laptop but am not sure what else to do.  I thought something would come up on the screen prompting me what to do next to view these photos, but nothing.   Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Assuming you have Windows 7 installed in your g7 notebook...try this

After you insert the CD click on the Start Button and then Click Computer.  Under Computer you'll have the Dvd drive listed. Just double click it or right click and click open..You should be able to see all the contents in the CD..

If you have Windows 8 installed then click on the yellow folder icon on the taskbar in the desktop and you'll see the dvd drive listed on the left side.

You can refer this link too..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/view-and-use-your-pictures-in-windows-photo-viewer

HP Recommended

Thank you for your fast respopnse.    Please don't laugh, but I cannot find 'my computer' icon  anywhere!   I click destop and  it isn't visible.

I have windows 8  by the way.

HP Recommended

No Problem..i'll tell you how to find "This PC"

In Windows 8 Click on the start windows  Start.png  in the lower left hand corner and the click Search on the top right corner.

search1.png

Just type This PC in the search box and then click This PC. Here is the screenshot below. If you have any trouble then let me know..

This_PC.png

Here's another link that might help..

3 Ways to Get to My Computer on Windows 8

Files, folders

HP Recommended

Many many thanks for you help.  I  think it might be the dvd and not my laptop, as I just followed your instructions again with another dvd and I was able to view the photos on that disk with no problem.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.