Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy m6-117sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i have hp envy m6-117sa not coming on at all even with new power charger. i have tryed all the suggestions and it still not coming on. no lights or anything. i have got a new charger for it but the problem still isnt corrected at all. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Marcia,

It could well be a power connector or board issue.

What all suggestions did you try?

Do a hard reset , then remove battery, plug in AC power, power on:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
I started to have problems when I upgraded it to windows 8.1 the battery disharged itsent then tuned of. The charger didn't even light up when plugging into the side of the notebook. There's usually a blue light but nothing.I purchased a new charger. StI'll the same. Try ed plugging in without the battery. Completely dead.
Followed the cmos start up holding windows and b, or v then pressing power key. Nothing. All this money gone to waste. Really let down by hp.
HP Recommended

Try plugging it in another power source with battery removed.

If that is also not helping, then unfortunately I've no other suggestions.

HP Recommended

well it looks like im going to have to buy a new Laptop. but it wont be HP. 

HP Recommended

i have had both the chargers tested and they are working perfectly. so it must be the laptop itself. any suggestions anyone. 

HP Recommended

Get it checked by certified technician, it possible board level technician.

Motherboard BIOS if corrupted and not recoverable, only they can help you further.

HP Recommended

is there any way that the cmos can be cleared. i know on a desktop you can reset using pins settings. does the motherboard on this laptop have that facility.

HP Recommended

If you provide me with full model name or product number of your laptop, I would be able to source you Manual of your laptop

The one you gave is incomplete.
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00033108
HP Recommended

model number m6-1178sa

product C2C18EA#ABU

SERIAL CND2390FMC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.