Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Try closing the lid, and re-open it again... try to do that with 1-2sec (before comp goes to  sleep), that at least gives me some flashes of bios / boot / win.

Probably something damaged by the enormous heat this little thing can produce... Or the external contacts are messed up and it believes you want to publish GUI on ext screen.

HP Recommended

does reseting (when you do the hard reset) cause the computer to loose the data on it?

@Sanchertx wrote:

Hello - try a hard reset - first

Remove battery, AC adaptor connection and then hold down the Power button for 30 secs.

then reconnect all - see if it boots.

if that dont work - try to hit F8 after you power on, you may need to tap the key or hit the ESC key for a menu.

then try booting into safemode.

from there you can try to do a "Restore" - type restore in search box and run the MS system restore - select a date before your problem started.

HP Recommended
What if none of that works? I've tried hard reset and hitting the f8 key and it is still the same. Is there something else that I can do?
Please help
HP Recommended
Not working for me; shop said maybe motherboard? Is there another way to get screen on?
HP Recommended
I had the black screen problem. Hard reset allowed me to get it started but when I load a video or game it goes black again. I see people on videos heating the motherboard and was hoping I didn't have to do that. Caps/number lock NOT flashing. Ideas?
HP Recommended
My screen black i can see very light on right side left side is black can someone help
HP Recommended
Oh i have hp pavilion entertainment pc.
HP Recommended
@Sanchertx , I've had this same issue going on for a month now.. I have been doing the hard reset for 60seconds with No power connected as suggested by many.. For the last month, I've had this issue EVERY time I needed to start up my laptop. Every time I had to do a hard reset with holding down the power button and it worked 1 out of 3 attempts.
Now my issue is this no longer works as often maybe 1 in 10 attempts.. I've tried holding down the power button for over 2 minutes and still get a black screen with power on. Now I've reached a point where I get the same thing every single attempt at doing a hard reset.
What I would like to know is, what can I take apart, finagle , tap on, clean out , to get this issue to stop. What causes this to happen out of nowhere to so many people, so often that there is a troubleshooting/bypass procedure but no Remedy.. and no cause information.. Please Assist.. like everyone else, I too have valuable memories I can't lose on my computer.. Please Answer HP .
HP Recommended

Have had this black screen issue since purchasing the computer and there really is no solution.  Just another patch.

The only solution is to excercise my right as a consumer never to purchase another HP computer or printer again and hope that HP eventually goes out of business and stops wasting the time of the their customers.

HP Recommended
It seems that this model has a faulty design. This hasn't seemed to address this properly. The monitor screen LCD has a defective design than it needs to be replace these for free... Is there a real solution other than system checks if this is not hardware related?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.