Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer.  Everything online lags or freezes?  Brand new  i7 with 16 ram.  Is this normal?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @jkinsey1

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

No, it's not normal 🙂

1. Could you describe why do you believe it is slow and lags ? HP Spectre 360 is a flagship product and what I have seen has always been perfectly running.

2. If the computer is brand new it's most probably not a hardware problem but a software issue with Windows (10).

Could you perform a hardware diagnostics (F2) option ? Do a quick/fast test and let me know the results. Here is how to > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

3. Do you have McAfee preinstalled on the computer ?

If YES, can you uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and features

When ready, restart the PC

Download and run McAfee uninstaller MCPR removal tool > http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Eventually, start the tool to remove everything

Restart the PC again

4. Ensure your Windows is completely updated and all updates are installed

5. Ensure all your drivers are updated - use the Device Manager methos and update all drivers including Network adapters, Video, Audio, etc... Here is how > https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

Let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Message when I hit f2 was system check unavailable.  files missing not formatted

HP Recommended

Also I had HP support remote in.  They updated windows......re-checked all diagnostics I had done already.  Still freezes and lags

HP Recommended

Hello @jkinsey1

As you already reached to HP support, please continue working with them.

- You may consider returning the PC to the reseller (seller) and ask for a replacement PC.

- You may consider restoring the PC to factory default condition - instructions here for HP Recovery process

or

- You may continue working with HP and follow their instructions

Let me know if you face difficulties and keep me posted

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I took it back.  It didn't seem to be a good start.  I couldn't get very good answers about why.  I think because there weren't any, but my 15 days were up and I had already spent 2 work days fixing.

Was this just a lemon, or should I try something else?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.