Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Pavilion g6-2235

HP Recommended
Hi David,
i'm also facing the issue. And support team already given me the same resolution.
Below are the steps followed as suggested by support team,
1. Shutdown the laptop. Remove Battery and Adaptor.
2. Press Power button for 1 minute.
3. Connect the Adaptor, do not connect the Battery.
4. Start the laptop, Press Power button.
5. Check whether functionally of keyboard, if it's functioning shutdown the laptop.
6. Remove the Adaptor.
7. Put the Battery in laptop and Connect the Adaptor.
8. Start the laptop, Press Power button.
this actually resolved the issue for 2 days. now again facing the issue .
Any permanent resolution?
Model: HP NB Pavilion G6-2312Ax.
HP Recommended
I tried the above solution and it worked. But now when I restarted the laptop it says the Windows all user agent service is not working after i typed in my password. Needless to say, this is too much trouble for a laptop I have owned for four months...
HP Recommended

@Arz_B wrote:
I tried the above solution and it worked. But now when I restarted the laptop it says the Windows all user agent service is not working after i typed in my password. Needless to say, this is too much trouble for a laptop I have owned for four months...

Hello Arz_B.

If you've only had this notebook for four months it should be under warranty.  In that case I suggest you contact HP Support directly.  The number for US/Canadian customers is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
Hello. I've had the same issue. HP has been very nice to replace my keyboard twice. I have found that it seems to be my CTRL key. When my keyboard freezes, I hit my left CTRL key a few times and it helps. Hope this works for others as well.
HP Recommended

It appears many people have a keyboard issue with the HP laptops and I do as well.  I saw one response from HP that suggested removal of peripheral equipment and reinstalling keyboard drivers.  Now you are asking for trouble.  

I have a Pavilion G6 and the keyboard locks up  daily.  I have to shut down or restart.  .Also the cursor does not stay at the end of a sentence; it jumps to another place and I have to look for it.  Another issue has to do with searching where multiple tabs open up instead of going directly to a site. I know I have to shut the computer down at this point in order for it to work properly.

I have seen quite a lot of these issues posted so I know it's an HP problem.  I am very unhappy with this computer and will never purchase another one from HP.

HP Recommended
Kindly help me. All numeric pad is not working except for 5 and 6. I tried to removed battery and returned it again but still not working
HP Recommended

Manny25

The issue you are describing is a hardware issue and I would recommend that you contact HP Technical Support.

US Support link to contact options for laptops purchased in the US.

Outside of US Support link to contact options for laptops purchased outside the US.

If you have any further questions or concerns please re-post

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Wonderful,

This was so magical. I wonder how it got locked.  It went to sleep and when entered my Password. Nothing on my keyboard worked. Fortunately my mouse was working, so somehow I was able to use the """ On Screen Keyboard"""

HP Recommended

someone please help me i jsut buy this comptuer 2-3 days ago and i saw a button not strait so i pull it out a little i accident use too much force half of the button side came out and i manage to put back but easily come out and worst the shift button when i jsut buy the first day it is already not working nobody no i scared to tell my aunt stil lgot warnty 1 year 3 days past i think so SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.