Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavillon x2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello all i need urgent help 

during a factory mode reset windows got stuck at 42% so a forum on windows said to turn ff the laptop and it would reverse changes so i did this and now my laptop shows te hp simbol, loads then says "the computer has encountered an error and the install ation cant prceed press ok to continue installation" i press o9k at the whole prosess restarts, i have a usb with windows 10 0n it i just dont knw how to boot it 

any responses needed

jess

xx

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @jessknight

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I will try to help you fix this.

It got stuck at certain % because of software issue (e.g. the recovery drive/software there is corrupted and failed to complete the process) OR because of some hardware issue (very unusual but possible issue with the disk drive).

In order to provide with you concrete steps how to fix the issue and what would be the best solution, please, let me know:

- your HP product model and product number >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

- did the PC originally come with Windows 10 or it was with Win 8 and was later upgraded to Win 10 ?  If it was upgraded to 10, do you prefer Windows 10 or you prefer your previous Windows version ?

Please, perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check.

Looking forward to your reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.