Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On the startup press F10 key to run BIOS setup.

Go to System Configurations -> Built-in Device Options.

Check are there enabled two things. Wireless Button State and Embedded WLAN Device.

If not then enable them, save new settings, exit from BIOS and start the operating system.

Download and install HP Software Framework from here and restart system.

Download and install HP Connection Manager from here and restart system.

Check the color of the LED on the key of the wireless communication.

If it's:

• amber (like on the below picture) then all wireless devices are off. Press this key to change it into white.

Off.png  ->     On.png

• white ( like on below picture) then integrated wireless device, such as a wireless local area network (WLAN) device and/or a Bluetooth® device, is on. Status is ok so you may go to the next step.

On.png

Click the Start Start.pngbutton.

Type in the search filed ' hp connection ' and choose ' HP Connection Manager '.

HP connection 01.png

Check the status of the Bluetooth module. If it's:

• ' Off ' then right-click the switch on button which is pointed by the arrow on the below picture.
    When you will change the status to ' On ' then built-in Windows 7 driver will install and after that you will need to reinstall again Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver from here.

HP connection 03.png

• ' On ' then the Bluetooth module is working correctly and should be listed in the device manager.

HP connection 02.png

• not listed in the HP Connection Manager application then your model has no integrated Bluetooth module and the Bluetooth driver should be uninstalled.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

bluetooth status was off in HP Connection Manager, now everything works fine. Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hello everyone!

I have the same problem - bluetooth does not work, on the device manager, there is an exclamation mark on the bluetooth device and it has the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

HP Probook 4530s, 64-bits Windows 7 Ultimate,

Capture1.JPG

I did all steps discribed above but bluetooth still does not work.

When I start HP Connection Manager I see that bluetooth is on but it is disabled by Device Manager:

Capture2.JPG

When I manually disable and re-enable bluetooth in Device Manager, bluetooth strarts work for 2 - 3 seconds and after it is automatically disabled by Device manager?!

It is funny because in the tab below(see picture) bluetooth seems enabled but HP Connection Manager reported that is disabled by Devicce Manager.

Capture3.jpg

Do you have any ideas about my case?

HP Recommended

@Migel

Hi,

Uninstall current Bluetooth driver, install the driver from here and reboot.

Still problem? Check HP Connection Manager.

HP Recommended

Sorry, Daniel,

I forgot to write in my previous post that I have installed (as you suggested to masoudshao and ovtza) sp59151 driver but the problem is still the same. I could try again and write what happen.

HP Recommended

Restart system and try to do this what was suggested (reinstall the driver - uninastall and then install again).

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, My blutooth now works fine.

The problem was solved with insalling SP52803.

HP Recommended

The problem is fixed! :generic:

Yes, I reinstalled the driver SP59151 and the bluetooth has started work fine.

But I did this in a different way.

Usually I download the driver, uninstall the old one, start installation with double-click on SP59151.exe and follow the instructions(incl. reboot the system) - as it is discribe on the site. And the problem was still present.

This time I went to the folder C:Sw\Setup. Here, there are folders with all drivers for different parts which I have installed. So, opened folder SP59151 and started the Setup. Interesting, this time the installation process was a bit different and ended with working bluetooth function.

So, Daniel,

thaks a lot pushing me try again :generic:

HP Recommended

I'm glad that your problem is solved, Migel.

Finding a solution to your problem has been easier thanks to pictures that you added to your post. Have a great day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.