Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 600-1350 ALL IN ONE DESKTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im trying to do a factory reset on my HP all in one desktop running windows 7 home prem. I made recovery disks from the start, but I had a hard drive crash and replacement a few years back. Not sure if they wipe out my recovery partition then or just happend. Did I need to make new disk?

Recently the power managment system driver disappeared or became corrupted, and few other issues, want to do a clean install,  but my recovery partition  is gone, have no recovery image, and my recovery disks wont work? Will re-installing windows 7 help?- I tried but the  product key was an error , said check HP. Can I create a recovery partition?

I have windows 8.1 disks a friend gave me, should I use them? Can I go back to 7 if I do? any suggestions?And Im not a tech guy. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@seano107

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP TouchSmart 600-1350 Desktop PC. I read that you had created the recovery disks for Win7 initially and later the hard drive was replaced. I read that the recovery partition is no longer present on the hard drive. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Firstly, the recovery disks created originally on this PC should still work even after the hard drive was replaced. Secondly, the recovery media created on another computer will not work on this PC because each copy of Windows is uniquely tattooed to the motherboard of the computer.

I suggest you to refer to this link which explains how to perform a system recovery in Windows 7. 

If the recovery does not go through then you may have to check with HP phone support if the recovery disks are still available for this PC. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I will try that link to read more about it.  fyi the 8.1 version I have has not been used yet, so I still have that option??

HP Recommended

So I looked at that page and was the same general recovery options as I have tried, nothing pertaining to a missing partition  and recovery manager that is very limited due to the missing recovery (D) Drive.   Any advice? 

HP Recommended

Hi @seano107

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

If the recovery partition is missing, I recommend you to contact phone support and they will assist you in placing an order for the recovery media for your computer.

Here is how you can get it in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.