cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Meaksy Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 11 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"plugged in, not charging" problem

I had this same problem on my dv2810ea laptop. Tried many many things and in the end the only thing that fixed it was a new battery ...

0 Kudos
EElius Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! I had the same problem; I followed some solutions provided on internet but they didnt work. Here is what I've done and that worked:

- While the computer in running, disconnect AC from the outlet

- Restart computer

- After loading, reconnect AC

Try it, it may work for you!

0 Kudos
JMO44 Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 1
Message 13 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mumbodog-   Worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
13,038 12,218 582 1,541
Message 14 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JMO44 wrote:

Mumbodog-   Worked like a charm. Thanks!

You are welcome!

Welcome to the HP forums.  :generic:

0 Kudos
cool_geek Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
thadde Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 16 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Professional on an HP ProBook 6550b and am having the exact same problem: "battery plugged in, not charging". It's brand new, the battery is brand new and the charger is factory HP.

I tried Mumbodog's workaround but all those ACPI things just reinstall themselves automatically right after the reboot. Nothing I can do about it.

Any help would be much appreciated...

*EDIT: I made a crucial discovery while browsing through this thread! Windows 7 includes a battery-life-preserving feature that intentionally DOES NOT charge your battery unless it is below a certain level.

So if your notification icon displays a plugged-in state with a 95% full battery that is not charging, then it probably means everything is working just fine. Just let it drain down to 60% or so and then see if plugging it in charges it.

luckylove905 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mumbodog - THANK YOU so much!! worked perfect :generic:

0 Kudos
faisall77 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 18 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi there i did what u told u in yu pot and it worksss mate....thanx a lot i jut bought a probook 4530s and now its working fine.

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
13,038 12,218 582 1,541
Message 19 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are all welcome!

0 Kudos
jimmygu3 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 20 of 175
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU MUMBODOG!

I have a Compaq CQ-50. The power jack broke the first week I had it due to the faulty design described by others. The whole jack jiggles a little with the plug in it but it still worked fine for a year or more. Then I started getting "Plugged In, Not Charging", then later I was getting it saying I wasn't plugged in at all. The temporary fix for this was to unplug the power adapter from the wall and wait awhile. Maybe a heat switch in the adapter? Anyway, I got a new aftermarket charger that gets super hot and the cord is not long enough, but it at least works. Then I started getting PINC messages again, and my battery was at 0%. That meant that I always had to be plugged in or it would instantly die. Next, I ordered a SIB-CORP aftermarket battery off Amazon. STILL had PINC errors. Finally I tried Mumbodog's fix and it has worked flawlessly since. Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation