Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilon g7-2069wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was working perfectly.  Yesterday morning, iTunes updated.  Since that time, I cannot make anything work.  The spinning wheel that usually indicates something is working in the background, continually appears, no icons will work, including the restart/shutdown.  If I do a hard shutdown, I can typically open one program in the first couple of minutes, but that quickly becomes inactive and again nothing works.  In one restart, I attempted to go the the recovery program, but received a message that the program was blocked by the administrator (who is that?  this is my personal PC!) program Rebecca.exe

PLEASE HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sounds like a failing hard drive. Tap F2 as you power up to see if you can enter diagnostic mode and look for the hard drive test. If you can't get in that way try tapping F10 instead. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.