Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Pavillion dv7
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
no error messages, the synaptic touchpad driver that allows scroll and zoom not starting up when I turn on computer.
A freind of mine recently turned some drivers/softwares off, saying that he'll make my laptop run a bit faster...
the scroll stopped working so I returned all the settings to the way it used to be (default) but the scroll doesn't work when I start my laptop. I keep on having to go to the control panel to open the synaptic touchpad driver to make the scroll work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55107.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

As this is a fresh installation, you will probably need to configure scrolling and other settings for the first time - all the configurable options available are described Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your dv7 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

the product number is A1L77AV

model number is 2CE2150WC1

HP Recommended

Hi,

First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55107.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

As this is a fresh installation, you will probably need to configure scrolling and other settings for the first time - all the configurable options available are described Here.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi I have an HP m6-1045dx laptop that is about a year old. My touchpad synaptics does not work on startup of the laptop. I have tried to reset the settings to default, but it still does not work on startup. In order to use two finger scrolling I have to open up the control panel and open up the Mouse dialog box and then it'll work. Please any help would be greatly appreciated as I am going back to school very soon and can't have this annoying problem! Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello vdemarchi7,

Please take a look at this document, which provides troubleshooting steps that will help resolve your touchpad issues.  Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

The driver is up to date and the Synaptics are set to run on Startup. I couldn't find anything on that document that helped. For some reason the Gestures (two finger scrolling, etc.) do not work on Startup even though they are set to.

HP Recommended

I'm having the issue on a HP ENVY 4 Notebook PC serial # {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

The given soltion to this problem will leave you with no way to navigate your pc.So,before you try it,you'd better know how to use your keyboard as a mouse !!! HOW can you navigate a pc after you uninstall your "mouse/touchpad" drivers and restart ??? IDIOTS !!! I know...I've tried it before !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.