Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion ZV5000
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I replaced the hard drive on this computer and after downloading the drivers from the web, the DEVICE MANAGER shows drivers for the SM BUS CONTROLLER, and BASE SYSTEM DEVICE show exclaimation points for needing drivers installed. Can someone tell me where these drivers can be found? Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any drivers or specs for that model.  HP shows it has been retired and no longer supported.

Please post the hardware ID's for the devices that need the drivers.

To find the hardware ID, click on the devices needing the drivers and then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window.

Post the string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN

HP Recommended

SM Bus Controller:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D4&SUBSYS_006D103C&REV_A4

Base System Devise:

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8201&SUBSYS_006D103C&REV_01

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no 64 bit drivers for either the TI card reader, or the nVidia SMBus controller your notebook has.

Back in those days, only 32 bit drivers were available for most devices.

HP Recommended

Could you send the link for 32 bit drivers? I will reinstal the windows.

HP Recommended

What is the product number of your zv5000?

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

HP Recommended

Yes, it's HP Pavilion ZV5000

HP Recommended

Yes, but there are several hundred model variations of the zv5000 and they all have different hardware versions.

That is why I need the product number which should be on the same sticker as the serial number, or in the system information screen in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

s/n [Personal Information Removed]

p/n PF143UA#ABA

Service tag zv5220us

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.