Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@raddadi

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I just instaled Windows 8 Pro - 64 bits on my TX2510us (p/n  FE912UA#ABA), purchased in the US.

After install, Windows 8 shows "driver not available" status, even after windows driver online search by troubleshooting.

The Windows 8 Device Manager show "Unkown Device" with the following info:

ACPI\VEN_ENE&DEV_0100
ACPI\ENE0100
*ENE0100

HP Online Support and Drivers only shows options up until Windows 7.

How could I go about installing a driver for this CIR device on my PC ??

Thanks up front,

Cristian

HP Recommended

@Vegah-bsb

Hi,

Have you tried to use the Windows Update?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Yes, I have run windows update many times since istall. Have tried the upgrade optinon in Device Driver and the device is still listed as Unkown Devices under Other Devices.

Would there be a direct download of this driver available by HP?

HP Recommended
Try running the HP Support Assistant to see if it can detect any missing drivers. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/SeV0F
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I installed the HP Support Assistant, ran the updates, no issue detected, but driver wasn't installed. Any other ideas ?

HP Recommended

I have same problem with my notebook dv62193el, where I have installed windows 8 enterprise.

I try different driver program:  driver max, driver genius.  But nothing to do. the problem persist.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@Nunkistar wrote:

I have got a Pavilion TX2500 with an unknown driver

Can anybody help me solving this one.

The details of this unknown driver are:

ACPI\ENE0100

*ENE\0100 

Running Windows 7 RC 64 

HP Recommended

Hello italya12.

Please try this driver.  Let me know if it helps.  

Have a great weekend!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch, that solved the same issue for me. I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit on a HP DV5-1153ei

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.