Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i install a new window and my wifi icon not showing on taskbar....is it a drivver problem??? i install drivers but wifi icon is not showing and in settings "there is no device"

i m using windows 8. my laptop hp 15 notebook pc

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

1. Right click the Windows button (Start Menu), and select Properties
  2. In the Properties dialog box, click the Notification Area tab.
  3. In the Systems Icons area, ensure that the Network checkbox is selected.
  4. Click Apply, then Ok.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I was recently given a compaq presario V6350.  I currently have wifi at my home but I am unable to connect to wifi on this device. I even have an adapter which doesn't work.  The wifi icon does not display on taskbar neither does the light change from amber.  HELP!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello @KCK60

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting! 🙂 

I'd be happy to assist with the wireless issues you're having with your presario computer!

Can you please follow the steps here - http://ow.ly/XnZL300dhzo - and let me know your product number? 

Are you able to connect to the internet temporarily using an Ethernet cable? What version of Windows is installed on the computer?

I look forward to hearing back and working toward a resolution.

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Greetings @gpadilla8889

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is running on Windows 8 and the wireless icon on the taskbar is missing, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Is the wireless button On on your computer?

Please open device manager on your computer by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

On the device manager window, expand network adapters.

Check if the wireless adapter is listed. 

If it is listed, do a right-click on it and check if it enabled. 

If not enable it. 

Once it is enabled you should be able to access the wireless network. 

If the issue persists, open network and sharing center by doing right-click on the network/ethernet icon the taskbar. 

On the network and sharing center screen, select the option on the left - change adapter settings.

This would display the network adapters on the computer. 

Right-click on the wireless adapter and check if it is enabled and try to connect to your network. 

You can also run the network troubleshooter available in the control panel. 

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I had same issue. After every trial and error and after all solutions on google. i install good antivirus.

Initially I thought windows 10 dont required any antivirus. And I was wrong.

After purchasing Kaspersky the wifi issue got resolved.

I dont know how its worked but i figured out after my antivrius expired this wifi issue was started.

thanks and share your openion on this.

@ikkaa wrote:

i install a new window and my wifi icon not showing on taskbar....is it a drivver problem??? i install drivers but wifi icon is not showing and in settings "there is no device"

i m using windows 8. my laptop hp 15 notebook pc

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.