Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I recently have got a note book for myself and it is hp probook 450 g4. but the problem is there in the sign in option I don't see windows hello option. and for this I can not use fingerprint on my pc. so will anyone tell that is windows hello an extra extension of windows 10 or is it a driver that I need to install first to use fingerprint. if it is a driver then from where I will get it?
and if it is not then what should do to use fingerprint?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

I understand that you want to use fingerprint feature 🙂

can you push windows button and type "windows hello", then enter.

At the settings you should see an option to add fingerprint.

HP Recommended

@SNBTitab

@burak_mn is correct -- Windows Hello provides the setup for fingerprint logon.

I can add the following:

• You must set a PIN number to enable the fingerprint reader hardware.

Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Sensor Driver

Help to set up Windows fingerprint logon:

Reminder:  PIN assignment is mandatory to enable fingerprint reader.

Windows key > Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number

Help / How-to:   

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

Fingerprint - Add or Remove Fingers in Windows 8.1

After you have Windows (fingerprint / PIN) logon working, you can choose to install the HP security software:

HP Client Security Manager

After you install the software, the Client Security help file should be available on your computer.

Example:

Windows key > search / find Client Security  > Click the ? at the upper right of the window

OR

Example Path to help file for US based machines (all one line)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Help\en-US\hpsecmgu.chm

READ everything and then act.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.