Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-r239nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help a Boys !!! I have a HP notebook - 15-r239nl (ENERGY STAR)
Yesterday after getting downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers from the HP website for the model Shown above, restart your Windows PC was not filled, When I turn on the notebook I charge the HP logo but then remains black screen. I tried System Restore Entering mode esc and then f11 but Also having 3 with a week on Restore Points ago, should not be a limit nuts me to try another point of Restoring the proven All 3 but nothing, I tried ah restore Start System but Also this does not feel like a failure I tried to enable Safe mode with networking, and so the operating system will then starts is not a problem to me display.Adesso remains in safe mode, however, each time having it restart enabled by promt commands That date had no option under Advanced Options f11.

why you ask

1) come fare a restart in Normal mode without disabling Windows Safe Mode by promt Commands

2) Rate thing for not having seen the windows Start in Safe Mode What you Start?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
help me I really need it right away for my thesis
HP Recommended

@popolux

Sorry, but I'm having a problem understanding the current state of your laptop.

From your description, it sounds like you attempted a driver update and when the laptop rebooted, The HP Logo screen comes us, but then the screen goes black and stays that way -- right?

Also, it looks like you tried using F11 and System Restore, to restore the laptop to an earlier date, but those attempts failed, as well -- right?

So, at this point, you have a laptop that won't boot into Windows and you need access to that to work on your thesis -- right?

Well, the first thing I would do in this situation is make sure that my thesis work was saved to another PC or offline storage (like a USB stick) -- as any recovery process runs the risk of erasing the contents of the hard drive!

Your best bet for recovering data now is to do the following:
1) Remove the hard drive from the PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

3) Connect the old drive to the working PC
4) Use File Explorer to open the folders on the old drive and copy the contents to the other PC and/or a USB stick

Then, just to be sure that work, I would try opening the critical files on the other PC to confirm they are OK.

Come back when you're finished doing that and we'll discuss recovery options.

OH -- and a word of advice -- anything not worth backing up is not worth keeping -- make backups!

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.