Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.  I've got an HP C4780 Photosmart printer.  It worked fine wirelessly in the house until I had to get a new Router from Sky.  It's their latest Sky Hub.  I took away the old Sky router and connected up the new Sky Hub.  Internet is absolutely fine but I cannot get my C4780 printer to work wirelessly, even printing the Network Configuration Chart doesn't give me an IP address and says that the Wireless is "Disconnected".  When I go into Devices & Printers it tells me the Printer is "Offline".  When I click to put it online it remains offline. I've spoken to Sky who of course told me to speak to HP. Any ideas please on how to make the Printer work wirelessly.  I wound up reconnecting the old Router and everything is fine (except keeps dropping signal).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem connecting the printer to the new router. 

It just needs to be reconnected in order to print. Since you have changed routers, the printer needs to refind the network (router).

You will need to reconnect the USB cable. Then you can CONVERT USB to WIRELESS. 

1. Click Start Menu

2. Choose All Programs

3. HP Folder

4. Select the printer name

5. Choose Wireless configuration or Convert USB to Wireless. 

Here is a link that will also assist you with this problem. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01749011

Hope this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem connecting the printer to the new router. 

It just needs to be reconnected in order to print. Since you have changed routers, the printer needs to refind the network (router).

You will need to reconnect the USB cable. Then you can CONVERT USB to WIRELESS. 

1. Click Start Menu

2. Choose All Programs

3. HP Folder

4. Select the printer name

5. Choose Wireless configuration or Convert USB to Wireless. 

Here is a link that will also assist you with this problem. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01749011

Hope this helps. 

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your helpful advice.  Now working!

HP Recommended

Glad to see everything is working great for you. If you happen to run into anymore problems or have questions, feel free to ask. 

HP Recommended
Thank you so much.
I used to have an O2 router and wireless network but then had to convert to SKY broadband.
I wasted 2 days trying to re connect my 2 HP wireless printers through my new SKY router and failed. I then compromised by setting them up by hard wiring them.
I then found your solution and now everything is again working wirelessly. Terriffic. Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.