I can’t hear any music from my computer. My sound isn’t working in Windows.
No audio at all from YouTube videos, music/media players, Windows system sounds, etc.
Can you help ?
- The first troubleshooting step you should try is to restart your computer. Sometimes a single application can take control of your sound device and not let any other apps use it, but you can release that control by restarting.
Here are a few other steps you can try if the problem persists after restarting
- Run the audio troubleshooting toolin Windows
- Try connecting headphones or a set of external speakers and see if you can hear sound from them
- Open Control Panel -> Sound
Set the default sound device to make sure your computer is sending audio output to the correct device
- If your computer came with Windows 10 or 8.1 installed, you can restore the original sound driver in HP Recovery Manager, or update the driver through Device Manager
- If you upgraded your computer to Windows 10, you can update the sound driver in Device Manager
- Hard reset your notebook
** These solutions and more are explained in detail in this HP guided troubleshooter => http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=soundweb.net&as=true§ion=social&sfs=forum