11-09-2018 09:51 AM
( Views : 275 )
- The content of the HP Tools partition has accidentally been deleted
- The content of the HP Tools partition has been deleted intentionally but the partition is still present
- User wants to restore the contents
- The HP Tools partition does not contain critical information or components - it may have information about UEFI hardware diagnostics and this partition may also be used during BIOS updates.
- Without the UEFI hardware diagnostics, the BIOS will offer you only basic diagnostics such as HDD and RAM tests.
- BIOS updates/restoration can be performed via external USB pendrive
- While is not mandatory to restore the content, if you want to benefit from partition and if you wish to restore the content of the HP Tools partition, you need to reinstall HP Tools UEFI diagnostics
- Visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
- Search for and find your computer model
- Select your operating system
- Search for and find the UEFI hardware component - usually under BIOS / UEFI or BIOS - Tools
- Download and run the file, follow the on-screen instructions
N.B. ! Best would be to have a complete match with the operating system originally installed and the one used