Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
What’s new in Poly Rove 8.0.9, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello gs2013,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Version you are stating is correct and improvements have been made in this range.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

There are no improvements on this version. We still can't make the volume to go down all the way to zero. Has this issue been specifically addressed by Polycom?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello gs2013,

I have never publicly stated that the improvements mentioned allowed the volume to be completely lowered.

I would suggest you continue this via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

When I follow your instructions to determine my software level, I find the following:

552.CON.01.004

I don't know how to interpret this number.  Does my unit contain the "enhancements" that are supposed to help with this unbearable problem?

You also suggest that we reduce the incoming gain level on the phone line to solve the problem.  How, pray tell, does one do that?

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your help Polycom.  Your prompt response to my questions speaks volumes (pun intended) about your commitmenet to customer service.

Thanks for nothing!!

HP Recommended

Hello ivanl3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Due the amount of post's started or replied to within the community there is always a chance that a post will be missed.

In addition this post here already contains the information that from software version 1.2 onwards enhancements have been made.

You posted a software version of 1.004 which means that your unit is not on that version.

There is no way for an end customer to upgrade the software and you will need to work with your Polycom reseller if this is a newly purchased unit.

As outlined in various replies within the community and several official post's and reminders the community is not a replacement for our support infrastructure and the correct escalation procedures have to be followed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We have the same problem that volume is too loud on lowest level (1 bar).

It is a Soundstation 2W with DSP: 82W.CON.01.605 on an analog line.

I am  not sure if there is a chance to install software version xx.01.2xx as written in post #17.

So please give me some advice what to do for decreasing the volume of our phone.

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

I too have a situation where the speaker is too loud. The button that are suppose to lower the volume do not work. I am using VOIP. I have a Polycom SoundStation 2 without a display. 

Part # 2201-15100-601

Serial Number J8071302113B

Please help, 

HP Recommended

would you please send us the mod via e mail

458@gastroanesthesia.com

the volume is so loud those in the next office can evesdrop on our calls

HP Recommended

Could you also please share this modification with me as well.  Thank you for your help with this.

mtbcoe@hotmail.com

MTBCOE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.