Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Well, here we go again! My previous post was about ordering HP 910 ink from the HP Store only to be sent

defective cartridges. A day later I get an email asking me to give a review regarding my order. I gave them an unfavorable review regarding this ink “shortage and defective cartridges” to which they sent me a reply back

refusing to submit my review. REALLY?!? So, I guess only “glowing” reviews are acceptable! Gotta love it!

HP Recommended

HP has totally sh*t the bed on this one.  They are using the excuse of the pandemic which has been going on for almost a year now.  I recently purchased a brand new printer to be told two months later that i cant use it because of the monopoly that HP has on their ink.  They make it next to impossible to refill my own cartridges, which is absolutely ridiculous since i paid for this printer i should be able to use it however i see fit.  After this experience, i will never purchase another HP printer again.  I have had nothing but problems and ZERO support from HP on this issue.  The only suggestion they had was to sign up for their ripoff ink program.  I smell another class action lawsuit, similar to where they were caught programming their printers to mix color ink for a black and white page, depleting the expensive color inks without the customer knowing.  HP has been a huge let down 

HP Recommended

Thanks HP for selling me a printer for which you can't buy ink!  What's next, an HP laptop with a battery that can't be charged?

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region to purchase the ink cartridges 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

So if your warranty expired tough luck? When I tried to get help through this automated process I got the run around and no help. It would not accept the serial number I put. After a few headaches and run arounds, I found out my warranty expired.  So that's it? I shouldnt need a warranty to get a basic accesory like ink. Not asking for much. Let's say this printer can run for the next 10 years, because I dont want to buy a warranty I cant get help getting the ink? There is a flaw in how HP is handling this situation right now. Its basic troubleshooting. The resolution is either better communication with customers as to what is happening, or reprogramming the automated system to better assist customers. I still feel its a major flaw that the printer cant print if it runs out of one ink, while you can still use the black ink.

HP Recommended

Jay_G24,

Where can I get reimbursement for the bad HP ink cartridges I've already purchased?  Has HP set up a reimbursement process for bad ink?  At this point, I'm not interested in purchasing any more HP 910 ink without reimbursement. 

HP Recommended

Total nonsense! Covid isn't the issue. 

HP Recommended

That suggestion produces NOTHING useful. Just more lame excuses and no idea about future availability of 910 cartridges. In my mind now HP stands for "Horrible Products."

HP Recommended

Perhaps incredibly, I actually found some cyan 910xl cartridges in the Staples just this last weekend. No yellow cartridges to be found however.

Haven't tried to install one of them yet, so caveat emptor!

HP Recommended

The reason there is an ink shortage and the facade of a make believe recall is really that HP is facing a major fraud issue with their ink cartridges coming out of Malaysia. Somewhere like 1/3 of the ink cartridges ordered directly through HP.com in the last year were fraudulent. They have been fighting this issue for years but yet continue to have operations in Malaysia. The "recall" is a sham, the surge in ink purchases for home office printers at the beginning of the year brought this issue front and center and HP can't just cover it up anymore, that's why they pulled all ink cartridges for most home office printers and they haven't been available since. I purchased 3 different sets of various sizes of color ink this year, directly from HP.com and all were fraudulent. Just do a simple google search of Malaysian fraud ink and you'll have a better understanding.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.