Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2721e All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Black cartridge - original, 67/305 3YM83A, received by Instant Ink subscription. Poor print quality, streaks, blurred image. Cleaning, deep cleaning, manual cleaning, printing system reset. The problem is not solved.

As far as I understand, there is no HP for these cases support at all. The virtual agent advises me to follow all the steps that I have already completed. Any attempt to contact support results in an error. [edit]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @andrewpokora,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already gone through quite a few troubleshooting steps to address the print quality issues with your HP DeskJet 2721e printer. Since those haven't resolved the problem, here are a few additional steps you can try:

• Check Ink Levels: Make sure that the black ink cartridge has enough ink remaining. Sometimes poor print quality can be due to low ink levels.
  • Replace Cartridge: If the ink levels are fine, try replacing the black ink cartridge with a new one. Sometimes cartridges can be faulty or dried up, leading to poor print quality.
  • Print Quality Diagnostic Page: Many printers have a built-in diagnostic tool that can help identify and resolve print quality issues. Check your printer's manual for instructions on how to print a diagnostic page and interpret the results.
  • Paper Quality: Ensure that you are using the correct type and size of paper for your print job. Using incompatible paper can result in poor print quality.
  • Printer Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes firmware updates can address printing issues.  Update the firmware on an HP printer

Refer to this document:  HP DeskJet 2721e All-in-One Printer User manual

HP DeskJet 2600, 2700, 4100, 4800 printers - No black ink, wrong colors, other print quality issues

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, the problem was not resolved. The cartridge is new and has enough inks. It was received as part of an Instant Ink subscription. It didn't print well from the start - however, I expected the head to be cleaned during printing. Unfortunately, over time, the print quality has only deteriorated.

I followed all the recommendations, from soft updates to manual cleaning with cotton swabs and water. Repeatedly.

I would love to change the cartridge for a new one - but the Instant Ink dashboard does not have the option “change the cartridge under warranty”. There is no "order a new one right now" option. HP Support - I spent half a day trying to call support. Useless. I can go with the printer and cartridge to the nearest service centre... Theoretically...

But, you know, in the end, considering all the time spent, it’s easier and faster to just order a new cartridge in the store, without any subscription. True, it is not clear why the Instant Ink is needed in such a case. And since the support doesn’t work, it’s not clear why I need to order only the original ones. In any case, if something doesn't work, it seems to be just only my own problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @andrewpokora ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.