Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer

Hi,

I come from France where a few years ago I bought an HP Officejet Pro 8620. It works great and I have always bought some HP ink cartridges on Amazon. I recently arrived in the USA and bought ahead of time in August 2023 a set of HP950XL and HP951 cartridges to be sure I would have a spare when needed. On 05/12/2024, I wanted to replace the cyan cartridge but I got the message from the printer that my cartridge is a HP951 z10 and I should be using a z20. I am not familiar with this reference refinement. It seems z10 is only for the USA and z20 only for Europe. If it is the case, would there be a way to replace the 4 ink cartridges I bought and that don't seem to be compatible with my version of a printer? Can I find z20 cartridges in the USA? Please let me know.

Best regards

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeff434,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you move to a different country we need to perform a regional reset in order to make the printer work in the new region. I will surely help you with the Regional reset.

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region/country from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region/country to which you want to reset it to.

4. Make sure HP Smart App is installed too.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I can setup my computer and printer as you suggest. Do I need a code of some sort to unlock the printer for the new region I am in?

Best regards,

JF

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeff434 

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I can surely help you with the regional reset. If the above criteria are met.  I request you to please continue with the steps below.

Please follow the steps below.

1.) Connect the printer via USB (usually you need it in case your internet connection is not strong or may have downtime while performing it. You can skip it and perform the process under wifi as well)

2.) Launch HP Smart and click the product ink levels to open the Supported Cartridges window.

3.) Clicking ink levels in HP Smart

Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys (Cmd + Space in MAC) and then right-click on the empty area to the right of the ink levels.

4.) Clicking to the right of the ink levels

The Set New Regions window opens.

please share a screenshot of this window with me

Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values in a private message..

To access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I installed HP Smart, I see the printer but the action of CTRL SHIFT and right clicking next to the ink level is a bit unclear to me because I can't see any region window poping up. Would you have a video or some screen shots to show where to click and in which menu selection?

Best regards,

JF

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeff434,

Thank you for your response. I have shared the steps I hope this helps.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information.

I get to the following HP Smart page:

Jeff434_0-1715814715245.png

It is in French but I held down CTRL and SHIFT keys  and I right clocked where the red crosses and nothing happens.

Could you help me there?

Also, assuming I managed to get the information needed, how should I communicate it back to you?

Best regards,

JF Hasson

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeff434,

If you have the information requested,  Use the "Copy to Clipboard" feature to paste the values in a private message..

To access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for explaining how to share the information with you. 

However, as I tried to explain previously, I can't get access to the regional information despite your description. I shared with you a screen capture of what I am doing. Do you have any feedback about what I am doing and why it does not work?

Best regards, 

Jf

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeff434 ,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.