Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy pro 6548

Hi when I try to print, it sounds like it’s printing, and a page comes out but the page is totally blank. The ink cartridges are full according to my computer. And they feel full. When I press the “info” button, it comes out blank too

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Same here and is the second HO6055e printer I have bought in two years! Fails to print - cartridges show ink levels more than half! I am done with HP (of course my warranty expired last month) still on the included ink with purchase because I do not print very often! Horrible product. Any suggestions on a good reliable brand of printer? I have owned all HP’s in the past - these new ones are useless!!

HP Recommended

The issue you have sounds like the ink cartridges have dried out.  This can happen if the cartridges are not allowed to properly "park" when the printer is turned off.  If you turn the printer off from an external switch the cartridges can be left in the open air, making them prone to drying out.

I would suggest the following:  first, clean the cartridges up to three times using the procedure shown on page 140 of the document here:

If the print cartridges are not low on ink, follow these steps to clean the print
cartridges automatically:
1. Open the printer Toolbox.
2. Click Clean Cartridges.
3. Click Clean , and then follow the onscreen instructions.

If the issue persists after running the cleaning cycle three times I would suggest the following:

1. Remove the cartridges and make sure the tape covering the nozzle plate has been properly removed.
  2. Gently blot the printhead on a damp lint-free tissue.  A good black cartridge will give a strong blot of black, the color should show strong blot with cyan, magenta and yellow lines.
  3. If the above does not resolve the issue it may help to soak the cartridges as follows:  get two large cups and put 1" of hot (but not boiling) water in each.  Put the back and color cartridge in the cups with the nozzles pointing downward (as they would be when in the printer).  They should be in separate cups and should be about halfway submerged in the water.  Let the cartridges sit for fifteen minutes in the water, then remove the cartridge and gently blot the nozzles to see if they have now cleared.  Wipe the cartridge electrical contacts with a lint-free tissue to dry them, then put the cartridges back in the printer and try again.  You may need to run some cleaning cycles to fully recover the cartridges.

I would expect the above will resolve the printing issue,  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.