Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2723

Hello, 

I have centering issues when printing with my Deskjet 2723 on A4 paper.

The image is never centered to the paper but rather offset to the left and sometimes to the top.

Here’s an example below:

exampleexample

I seem to have the same issue when printing wirelessly and from USB.

Also, same issue on a Windows and a Mac computer.

I have tried on different softwares (adobe, osx preview…) on both computers and, although the offset appears to be random, the image is always close to the paper border on the left.

Playing with margins, the image gets zoomed in/out but always within that uncentered rectangle.

I have reinitialized the printer via the “localhost” software and did the “Align Printhead” successfully before and after restoring the printer to default settings.

If someone could find a solution, I’d be grateful 

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is expected for your printer, which does not support border less printing.

The bottom margin must match or exceed 12.7mm, the printer hardware cannot print over this minimum margin:

ShlomiL_0-1613410888514.png

https://store.hp.com/hk-en/default/hp-deskjet-2723-all-in-one-printer-7fr62a.html

To get even margins, you must set all margins as 12.7mm or higher and then the printout will be centered, the bottom 12.7mm margins are not printable.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.