Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I own a hp Laserjet Pro MFP M277 PCL6 DW.

Recently, the red numbers on the front side of a double printed sheet of paper differ significantly from the back side, see samples.

front sidefront side
back sideback side

The back side looks more as it should, the front side shows rather yellow than red.

Why is that so and what can I do about it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kklepper,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a color calibration issue with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer. This could be caused by various factors, including toner cartridge issues, paper settings, or calibration settings. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

• Check Toner Levels: Ensure that your toner cartridges are not low or empty. Low toner levels can affect color output.
  • Clean the Printer: Sometimes, dust or debris can accumulate inside the printer, affecting print quality. Follow the HP instructions to clean the printer, including the toner cartridges and the printer's interior.
  • Calibrate the Printer: Many printers, including the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw, have built-in calibration tools that can help improve color accuracy. Check your printer's manual for instructions on how to calibrate it.
  • Adjust Color Settings: Check the color settings in your printer's driver software. You may be able to adjust the color balance or intensity to improve the output.
  • Use High-Quality Paper: The type and quality of paper you use can also affect print quality. Try using a higher-quality paper that is specifically designed for color printing.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware installed for your printer. Sometimes, software updates can address printing issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to improve the color accuracy of your prints and ensure that both sides of the paper match more closely.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.