Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have also run across this problem.  I have narrowed it down to the selection of paper we are using.  The sensor that registers the paper type is defaulting to the "reddish-orange tone"  When I load only bond paper, the images come out correctly.  This is a sensor issue and I have no idea how to fix it.

HP Recommended
I have this problem with my Photosmart. I have always printed on 4 x 6 glossy. The problem has only arisen recently. I've put all new cartridges in but still get red prints.
HP Recommended

Pictures are good on monitor but print too red

HP Recommended

i have tried refilling my black ink but even then i doesnt print greyscale ONLY red orange and yellow

does that mean i HAVE to refill my other inks

HP Recommended

Pictures that are sent to me by one particular person look fine on the screen but have a pink tinge when printed on my hp printer.  Someone suggested to me that the problem has to do with pixals.  What do they mean by that?.

HP Recommended

Hi community,

I understand the printer prints photos red. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.