Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3833 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

The printer is region locked to the Europe and used to use 302 ink.
Now I am in the US and can only easily get 63 ink.
I know this to be a region lock problem and I need a way to change the region in order to utilize the printer properly.

The printer is a work printer for a 501 C-3 Non-Profit Org. and upgrading to a newer printer is not an option.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @Hudson-LTV,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you moved and the printer is not accepting the new region cartridges.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanksfor helping

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Hudson-LTV,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

I will be more than happy to help you out here.

To perform a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.
2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.
3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region/country from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region/country to which you want to reset it to.
4. Make sure HP Smart App is installed too.

Do keep me posted.

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

sorry I think some miscommunication has happened..I still have no solution. after suppling my computers specs, I did not receive any instructions on reseting the region of my printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hudson-LTV,

Thank you for your response,

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry maybe I'm confused...you ARE HP SUPPORT...so I reached out to you...your link just leads me back to here

I don't have a complex request, and it is not urgent, it just needs to be resolved in a reasonable amount of time...like before 2024.

all I need is assistance with a region reset on a printer

HP Recommended

Hi @Hudson-LTV,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I will be more than happy to help you out here.

To perform a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.
2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.
3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region/country from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region/country to which you want to reset it to.
4. Make sure HP Smart App is installed too.

Do keep me posted.

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

fantastic, I meet those conditions.
what are the next steps?

HP Recommended

Hi @Hudson-LTV ,

What is the current OS you're using?

The reset instructions are specific to your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instructions to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name, or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am running windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.