Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 9010 printer. I received a notice that a cartridge needs replaced. I opened the door, but the cartridges do not move to the center. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to make sure, have you opened both the top and front doors? please follow below support document, it have a video at the top:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06191540

If the same persists, please clarify what happens with much details as possible, can you see any movement? can hear any noise of the carriage tried to move?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

i open both doors and there is no noise and the cartridges do not move. On the display panel, it states that a cartridge is ready for replacement. I tap the Replace button, but nothing happens.

HP Recommended

I have the same printer and am having the same problem today. 

HP Recommended

I got a solution. Thanks to HP helpdesk.

I resetted the printer (model 9012) to factory settings. Switching on/off did not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.