Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer

See subject above. Printer continues to want me to "remove item and replace with new cartridges."  i have inserted a new cartridge for black and all three colors. I have also turned off the computer and tried restarting.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mark2430 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're encountering an issue with your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer displaying a message that one or more cartridges appear to be damaged, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check Cartridge Installation:

• Make sure that all cartridges are correctly installed. Open the printer cover and ensure each cartridge is securely in place.

Clean the Cartridge Contacts:

• Remove the cartridges and clean the electrical contacts on both the cartridges and in the printer with a lint-free cloth. Be gentle to avoid damaging the contacts.

Reset the Printer:

• Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.

Update Firmware:

• Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware. You can check and update the firmware through the printer's control panel or the HP website.

Use Genuine HP Cartridges:

• Ensure that you are using genuine HP cartridges. Non-HP cartridges or expired cartridges may cause issues.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor:

• Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility from the official HP website. This tool can diagnose and resolve many printing issues.

Perform a Hard Reset:

• Turn off the printer, disconnect the power cord, and any other cables. Wait for about 10-15 minutes, then reconnect and power on the printer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.