Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw

Hi, my printer prints extra marks on the paper as shown in the picture. Tried test print for many pages and photocopying blank papers to clean it up, it might work for one or two pages, but when printing colours then it quickly made dirty lines again. Has anyone experienced the same problem? And it is very frustrating that there's no way to contact a HP support when my warranty has expired. Thank you!IMG_4576.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Berrybaby,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with print quality on your HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw printer. The extra marks on the paper could be caused by a few different factors. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue.

• Check the Toner Cartridges: Ensure that the toner cartridges are properly installed and securely seated in the printer. Sometimes, loose toner cartridges can cause smudging or extra marks on the paper.
  • Clean the Printer: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently clean the inside of the printer, especially around the toner cartridge area and the paper path. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and affect print quality.
  • Check for Paper Jams: Make sure there are no paper jams or obstructions in the paper path. Even small shreds of paper can cause printing issues.
  • Adjust Print Settings: Check the print settings on your computer or device to ensure they are set correctly for the type of paper you're using. Sometimes, using incorrect print settings can lead to poor print quality.
  • Replace Toner Cartridges: If the toner cartridges are old or running low, they may need to be replaced. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for replacing toner cartridges.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and install them. Sometimes, firmware updates can fix bugs or issues that affect print quality.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with your printer's print quality.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.