Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer

Hello all, 

First time contributor *waving* 

So, I don't computer much these days, but I had the opportunity to print out some large documents, which I want to print and bind into handmade books. Lotsa printing involved and I've already burned through a full color cartridge. I also killed a black cartridge, which according to my shipping details, is being replenned as we speak. Now, my question: I am going to burn through that in short order as well. **Is there a way for me to ready action here and have another sent in preparation for that one running dry so i don't have to wait another 10 days shipping?**

And also, because the reason I do not computer much these days is that I have retired due to a medical condition (Myalgiac  Encephalomyelitis) which causes (laymen's term) brain fog. When my printer said, "Hey Marjorie, you're running out of ink over here!" - even though I had JUST changed the color ink cartridge - yeah... I change it again, rather than thinking it may have been, you k now, the other one.

It was the other one.

So, I now have a half-used color ink cartridge. Is there I way I can preserve that and reinstall it when the brand-spanking new one I just put in for no apparent reason finishes up? I have a food preserver vacuum sealer thingy. Was wondering if I seal it up in that if I might be able to save it?

Thoughts? Or should I just tuck it in the recycle bad?

Thanks y'all...

Thoughtless in South Texas *wink*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.